Project Management Certificate
The Project Management online certificate program provides students the Project Management Institute’s Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) framework needed to manage any project. The program offers training in the essential elements of initiating and closing a successful project, including scheduling and risk management. Students may take individual online courses or earn a certificate.
Earn a certificate online
Online Class Schedule
Online project management classes
Learn more and start taking online classes
Project Management Institute®
Authorized Training Partner (A.T.P.)®
As an Authorized Training Partner (A.T.P.)® of project management training, the program is based on the Project Management Institute (PMI)®, Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide). The College of Professional & Global Education abides by PMI® established quality assurance criteria.
Professional Development Units (PDU)
PMI® Professional Development Units (PDU) are applicable to PMI® credential holders. One hour of education activity is equal to one PDU. A 1.8 CEU class is equal to 18 PDU.
News & Events
About the Program
- Project Management is the discipline of planning, organizing and managing resources in a way that allows a project to be completed within a defined scope, quality, time and cost constraints
- This program is designed for current professionals seeking to add project management knowledge and techniques in their current positions, professionals seeking promotion, career-changers or those just breaking in to this expanding field
- Courses are held online
- Courses are 18 classroom hours each (1.8 CEUs)
- Course schedules may vary semester to semester
- Courses are offered in spring/summer/fall semesters
Who Should Take Courses
- Project managers seeking to be an applicant for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® exam credential
- Project leaders who want to take their management skills to the next level
- Anyone who wants to lead a project effectively throughout its life cycle, from initiation to successful completion
Cost and Length
Project Management: Fundamentals
Cost: $2,850 | Length: 108 Hours | When to Start: Fall, Spring, Summer
Project Management: Professional
Cost: $4,750 | Length: 180 Hours | When to Start: Fall, Spring, Summer
CalJOBS connects dislocated workers with employment training opportunities. SF State is an eligible training provider.
What Students Say
“All my classes were fun. The teachers had been in the field for many years, so they were not just book smart. They provided relevant work examples one would encounter day to day while being on the job.”
- Teason Miao, Junior Engineer