Application Opens: October 1, 2023
Deadline: April 1, 2024
Applications submitted after the deadline may be accepted if there is space available.
Applicants to the program must:
- Hold a California School Nurse Services Preliminary Credential
- Be currently working as a School Nurse in California
- Have a 3.0 GPA or better in their earned undergraduate degree or the last 60-semester (90-quarter) units completed, or have earned a post-baccalaureate degree
Cal State Apply will require an unofficial transcript when you apply. If you are accepted, you will also be required to submit official transcripts.
NursingCAS also requires:
- Two letters of recommendation
- A transcript showing a 3.0 GPA or better in their earned undergraduate degree or the last 60-semester (90-quarter) units completed, or have earned a post-baccalaureate degree
- A statement of interest
- A personal essay
More details are on the NursingCAS website.
Admission does not guarantee that students will obtain a clear credential. Credentialing requirements are set by agencies that are not controlled by or affiliated with CSU and requirements can change at any time.
Successful completion of the program with formal recommendation of SF State, in addition to the three requirements listed here, will enable the credential candidate to apply for the School Nurse Services Clear Credential, processed through SF State’s Graduate College of Education.
- Verify possession of a Preliminary School Nurse Services Credential
- Verify possession of a valid Registered Nurse License issued by the State of California
- Complete two years of successful experience as a school nurse
Please see the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing for specific school nurse credential requirements.