All F-1 visa status students must have health insurance during the entire semester. Deadline to buy or show proof of health insurance is September 6, 2017.
Starting FALL 2017 all F-1 visa student are required to buy the ALI-sponsored health insurance. Other health insurance plans will not be accepted. There is one exception to this policy: Students on a government-sponsored scholarship which provides compatible insurance coverage as a part of the sponsorship.
California State University (CSU) health insurance plan.
This is the ALI-sponsored health insurance. The plan is offered by GeoBlue Insurance Company through Ascension Health.
To buy the insurance
- Go to the Ascension American Language Institute page
- Select Enroll. You will be directed to the online enrollment page. Click the Start Enrollment button
- Read the information, and click on the Yes, I agree to the above and would like to continue button
- Select your term (Academic English Program-Fall) and click Continue
- Click Select on the Student box (if you have dependents, you can add their plans here)
- The cost of health insurance for students is $433.50 USD. Click the Check out button to continue
- Enter your information, pay online and print the confirmation page for your records